Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dancing bears, painted dreams...cheese pizza.

So I have been sitting in front of my computer for the past 30 minutes coloring in my Lisa Frank Coloring and Activity Book, waiting for my pictures to upload. And then I decided that I really could not come up with a legit excuse NOT to write something...because I am coloring. So here we are. 


This week hasn't been as busy as the last couple of weeks. I went to class, I didn't go to class. You know, typical. On Tuesday, our boys had a basketball game against the FSU guys who are also studying here. I've discovered that I am a great heckler. My strategy isn't really to build my team up, but to just tear the other team down until they have absolutely no will to succeed. I was going to say,  "until they have no will to live," but I thought that was a little much. Anyway, I'm good at it. We won. Chomp chomp biotch.


Yesterday afternoon we went on a boat tour down the Moscow River. It was lovely, but the journey there was less than desireable, to say the least. Apparently, there is no civilized way to reach the boats. Shocking. Anyway, we found ourselves haphazardly wondering through some sort of Russian swampland riddled with enchantment and broken beer bottles. After sinking into some mud and complaining a lot, we found our way, washed our feet in the disturbingly murky waters of the great Moscow River, and boarded the boat. It really was a great tour. Pictures are coming soon.


In other news, Julia, Megan, Nicole, and I had a wonderful girls night last night. But far more important than the female bonding that occured is the fact that we found the most amazing cheese pizza at 2 am in the Cafe. The details as to how and why we ended up at the campus Cafe at 2 looking for pizza don't really matter though. All that matters it that it was delicious and now I want it all day, every day. I feel like I have been on a mission to find some sort of cheesy goodness to fill the void that I have felt since being here. And the fact that I found that cheesy goodness means that last night was the start of a very dangerous game. Anyway, the sassy waitress was obviously disgruntled with our enthusiasm and general existence, but she could not rain on our parade. 


Oh, yes, We are going to St. Petersburg tomorrow. I AM SO EXCITED. I am less excited about leaving at 5:30 tomorrow morning. But that is okay, because I have wanted to go to St. Petersburg for years. And now I will be there in less than 24 hours. Hollaaaaaa.


I think that is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment